My Care My Plan Sonoma
My Care, My Plan: Speak Up Sonoma County
is a community initiative, so we invite you to join our empowering effort to encourage every adult in our community to complete high-quality Advance Care Planning and document their wishes in an Advance Health Care Directive. We encourage you to start by expressing and documenting your own wishes.
My Care, My Plan offers presentations on the importance and process of Advance Care Planning and workshops on how to complete an Advance Health Care Directive. We’ll answer your questions in the Q & A portion of each event, or one on one. Find our schedule of events on the Events page
Explore Other Resources
Visit our Resources
page to find more information and resources on Advance Care Planning, including downloadable Advance Health Care Directive forms.
Request an Advance Care Planning Session for Your Group
To inquire about educational sessions for your Sonoma County group, contact us
. We offer three types of sessions at no charge:
- Presentations about the importance and process of Advance Care Planning and making your health care wishes known (1 hour)
- Workshops on how to complete an Advance Health Care Directive (1-1/2 hours)
- Combination presentation and workshop events (2 to 2-1/2 hours)
Volunteer to help others learn about the importance of Advance Care Planning.
- You may be a health care or other caregiving professional who sees the need to help more people face this important issue and become more comfortable deciding upon, talking about and documenting their health care wishes.
- You may have experienced a loved one’s illness, accident or death and would like to support others in creating their plans.
- Maybe you have special skills to contribute to enhance our work, such as marketing and publicity expertise, fundraising, community outreach or audio/visual technical support.